Welcome to another Healthy Vegan Friday! Thanks to these ladies for organizing and gathering such an abundance of healthy vegan recipes every week:
Gabby @ the veggie nook: veggienook.com
Carrie @ Carrie on Vegan: carrieonvegan.com
Katherine @ Green Thickies: greenthickies.com
I was excited to hear from Gabby that my Spiced Chocolate Chia Pudding post from last week is a featured recipe on The Veggie Nook this week!
Today's submission is a giant kale salad that I had for dinner one night this week. I switched up my tahini dressing a little by adding dijon mustard. It was pretty-pretty good and went well with the cherry tomatoes, black beans, yellow and orange bell peppers, and green onion.
Dijon Tahini Kale Salad
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons dijon
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- a splash of Bragg's Liquid Aminos
Whisk all ingredients together and massage into a head of washed curly kale. Top with whatever you like: quinoa, black rice, sweet potato, beans, veggies, pumpkin seeds... anything goes.
On Wednesday I mentioned that I would be posting about a health challenge that I'm participating in. The Spring 2013 Healthy Vegan Challenge is happening over at Carrie On Vegan. If you're interested in starting some healthy habits, take a look. I'm going to continue with the healthy habits I've been working on the past few weeks. My inspiration is Dr. Joel Fuhrman's Eat To Live plan. Here are the specific healthy habits I'll be focusing on:
- Eat a lot of greens, fresh veggies, and fresh fruit
- Start each day with a green smooa large bottle of Natural Vitality NutraRev! and a 3.7 oz container of Cherry Calmthie
- Add plenty of G-BOMBS to my meals: greens, beans, onions, mushrooms, berries, and seeds
- Eat real, whole food / Stay away from processed stuff
- Exercise 3 times a week
- Follow the Eat To Live guidelines
In even more exciting news, I won a contest over at Almonds & Avocados!!! I won a large bottle of Natural Vitality NutraRev and a 3.7 oz container of Cherry Calm. I loooove Natural Calm and look forward to trying to Natural Vitality. Thanks, Rachel!
Any plans for the weekend? Aside from the usual study-fest going on at my house, I'll be visiting Comic Con. I'm pretty excited to escape from the books for a few hours a day and have some fun. Happy Friday to all of you! See you next week.